Monday, January 1, 2007

The Party Stuff

Michael, were you serious about being willing and able to do music for "The Fun That I Won"? If so, that's cool, I'm interested in hearing what you can come up with. If not, I need to know so I can look for somebody else to do it. Also, I have a new poem that is currently my main priority, so if you have the time (and talent -- ha ha) I'd be very interested in getting some music written for this. I was thinking of asking Okiishi, I know he's a good piano player and he can sing, too, but I'm sure he's got too much other stuff going on. So I guess you're free to take a crack at this one, too, if you want. The song's called "The Party Stuff" and the lyrics are:

Sometimes I go driving
But only on Wednes & Fri
I also like kite flying
But only in July
And if you see me painting
A picture of my taint
Tell me that it's really really good
Even if it ain't
Because my taint
Is the party stuff
The party stuff
The party stuff
My taint is the party stuff
And I'm a party guy
Often I'll go sailing
And I will stay bone dry
And if you're nice while I'm baking
I just might give you a pie
But if you see me baking
A pie containing my taint
Tell me it tastes really really good
Even if it dan't
Because my taint
Is the party stuff
(Repeat 1st verse)

I want the whole song to just use the D major scale, it's probably my all-time favorite scale. I'm envisioning a droning, distorted organ line (you said you have access to some sort of organ, so use that), and then some kind of sparse guitar lines on top of that. Maybe some percussion, too, I don't know that much about drums but do what you think works.

8 comments:

Adam;s Taintws. said...

Oh, I forgot to mention: if you're going to lay down vocals (I would like to do the final versions of all the vocals for these, but I think it could be useful for the writing/recording process if somebody puts down vocal rough drafts to see how they'll fit once the songs are done), then you should know I want the words pronounced "Wednes" and "Fri", those are not to be interpretted as abbreviations for the whole words. Just say "Wednes" and "Fri".

Michael Tabor said...

I'm totally serious! You can count on us!

Anonymous said...

Hey where's the order from last week's show?!!?!?! Old Jimmy's got a bellyfulla sorrow!

WINK!

Michael Tabor said...

Ok, I can't remember exactally what order (or the titles) the pieces where in on Friday, but I do remember all the pieces:

1. The Ol' Jimmy piece where Adam Hahn is prank phone called.

2. The Stangl & Tabor piece where they are firemen and giving fire tips.

3. Brian & Jake Make Weird Noises

4. Jamal's poop bucket piece

5. Stangl & Arlen's piece where the Russian tries to order Chicken McNuggets

6. Arlen's monologue

7. Jesse's airline safety tips

8. Stangl & Tabor's piece where two fancy women try to decide who's family is better

9. Timm's piece where a lady turn him gay because of her beady eyes

10. Jimmi by Chris Stangl and Jamal River

11. Nick Clark's dinosaur walks into a bar piece

12. Aprille's monologu about having a skull head

13. Stangl's monologue about doinking that waitress

The show was AMAZING. I plan on doing a full review. Maybe I'll wait a day or two to see if the actual order gets posted.

Anonymous said...

"I'm totally serious! You can count on us!"

Yeah, Michael whipped up a pretty nifty little version of "The Fun That I Won" already. Just like that: licky spit. I have no idea if you'll like it, I can't begin to imagine how you envision this project turning out, but I think it's pretty cool.

"Hey where's the order from last week's show?!!?!?!"

Yeah? Where the heck IS that gall-dang shit fucking ol' order? Everybody wanda see it, OK?!

Adam;s Taintws. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Adam;s Taintws. said...

OK, that's cool that you guys are taking a stab at these songs. Any progress on "The Party Stuff" yet? Not to nag you or anything, I'm just curious.
So what's the deal with this "show last Friday"? What happened?
Unrelated subject: I had a cool idea for some new No Shame posters, and I'm wondering who I should try to get to design it. I want them to be color posters that say, "No Shame Theatre: It's Weird & Funny!" in big, bold, bright-colored crazy letters. And then to the side or underneath or wherever there could be a cartoon of something that's, you guessed it, weird and funny! Like maybe a snowman in a bikini, or a mouse on a pogo-stick or something! I think it could be really eye catching, and would probably appeal to a wider audience than some of the old No Shame posters, especially if we can get them done in color (the BOBONS poster worked so well, I'd hate to regress). Anyway, just ideas at this point. But let me know if anybody has any feedback.

Michael Tabor said...

How about a cartoon where an anteater and a giant ant are having tea together? And then, the ANT puts SUGAR in his tea (because ants like sugar), but the antEATER puts ANTS in his tea! And the giant ant is offended?! THAT'S HILARIOUS! You can put it on your poster if you want.